John 0' Groats

John 0' Groats
journeys START

Sunday 1 June 2008

Why David and Ryan are doing this

quote from David....
"I have myself experienced first hand over the last 2 years, this brilliant service.
My Father was diagnosed in June 2006 with terminal secondary brain cancer along with a complicated metabolic disorder. From the beginning Manorlands have been an amazing source of support to him and the rest of our family, both practical and mental support. During the last 2 years My Dad when at his worst spent 3 months as in inpatient in Manorlands, remarkably, wonderfully, he survived and has been in remission since the spring last year. Manorlands has continued their care and he attended as a day care patient for some time.

The services I was, and still are particularly impressed with are, The Homecare Service, The Day Centre and the newly established, Young Persons’ Support Group. I was among the first few people to attend the Young Persons Support Group last year and I found it a very useful asset to have when times were at their worst. Basically, it is a place where young people of similar experiences can meet up and have fun and exchange experiences and support each other. So far we’ve been kayaking, clay modelling and have visited a local fire station among other things."

No comments: